Sponsoring an Event or Program
Enrich the community where you live and work.
The Exploratorium welcomes partnerships with corporations to present its exciting programs to local and global audiences. Sponsors receive prominent exposure to select market audiences within the Bay Area community, as well as a global audience on the World Wide Web.
By funding these activities, you support science, math, and art education. The Exploratorium’s programs are among the most respected and popular in the world.
Opportunities are plentiful and wide-ranging to sponsor and inspire. These are just some of our many offerings.
- Provide a first job to an underserved teen hired as a High School Explainer.
- Help new science teachers succeed during their first years in the classroom by supporting the professional development efforts of our Beginning Teacher Program.
- Enable families from underserved Bay Area neighborhoods to come to the museum for free through our Educational Outreach Programs.
- Sponsor special traveling exhibitions.
- Underwrite interesting and exclusive Member events featuring some of the brightest minds.
- Play a leadership role in the Annual Awards Dinner honoring national innovators in science, education, and technology attended by more than 700 business and civic leaders.
For more information about these and other sponsorship opportunities please call (415) 528-4866.
Benefits may vary by level and include the following:
- Inclusion in a full spectrum of advertising and marketing campaigns and public relations efforts; customized promotions
- On-site signage, banners, and inclusion in collateral materials
- VIP employee passes
- Opportunity to host private receptions and hospitality events at the museum
- Website features and links
- Product display/sampling
- Additional privileges to be determined with the sponsor
- 70% adults
- 61% Bay Area residents
- 38% of adults with college degrees; 35% with graduate degrees
- 62% of all visitors’ household income exceeds $75,000
- 180 million visit Exploratorium exhibits at centers worldwide
- 12 million unique visitors annually from around the globe
- Visit the museum on average 2 times a year
- Average adult age is 43; 90% have children
- 50% have graduate or professional degrees
- 74% have an average annual income of more than $100,000