Senior Financial Analyst
Finance Regular, Full-Time Position
This position reports to the Director of Finance and is responsible for the overall budget process, and creating and analyzing financial reports on behalf of various divisions throughout the institution.
- Implement and manage the Exploratorium’s budget process; assist division managers in preparing budgets; consolidate and analyze budget.
- Analyze monthly internal financials and monitor against budget; document variances and prepare commentary; make recommendations where appropriate
- Prepare budget/forecast package, including explanatory text and presentation material, for Senior Management and Board of Directors
- Prepare and analyze cash flow projections
- Assist managers in monitoring performance against budget, understanding reports and developing reporting
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Long Range Plan and Capital Campaign Plan.
- Facilitate budget/forecast meetings
- Perform special projects under the direction of the Director of Finance.
- Other duties as assigned
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, business or closely related field and 3 years experience in budgeting and financial analysis; MBA, or an equivalent combination of training and experience, preferred.
- Solid knowledge of accounting, Non-Profit experience a plus
- Demonstrated success in application of analytical thinking
- Advanced computer skills; superior working knowledge of Excel, Power Point, and Word; ability to work easily with financial, budgeting and report-writing software
- Ability to work independently and organize multiple projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to prepare financial presentations for non-finance professionals and interact at all levels of the organization
- Ability to work collaboratively and manage ambiguity in a fluid environment
- Ability to work at computer for extended periods of time, utilize general office equipment, lift and carry up to 20 pounds short distances.
How to Apply
This is a regular, full time (37.5 hours per week), exempt, management position, which includes benefits. To apply, please send cover letter, including salary history, and resume to: Senior Financial Analyst (Please include position title as the subject heading) Exploratorium, Piers 15/17, San Francisco, CA 94111 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls please The Exploratorium is committed to a diverse workforce.
Please refer to our Application Procedures for instructions when sending your resume and cover letter.
The Exploratorium is committed to a diverse workforce.