Volunteer Services Regular, Part-Time Position
The Assistant Manager, Volunteer Services requires a highly organized, reliable, energetic, resourceful individual, with excellent administrative and interpersonal skills. This position reports to the Manager of Volunteer Services and assists in the administration of the museum’s Volunteer Program by performing a variety of office and administrative duties related to the orientation, training, and online scheduling for a diverse community of volunteers. Museum volunteers consist of individuals and groups who contribute their skills and talents in a variety of positions throughout all museum departments.
- Manage the day-to-day functions of Volunteer Services department including administering policies, tracking applications, and scheduling orientations and trainings Oversee volunteer orientation and training as it relates to the physical layout and philosophical underpinnings of the Exploratorium
- Update and maintain the online volunteer database, relevant social media channels, volunteer rosters, and monthly volunteer reports.
- Train and equip the volunteers with the necessary skills and resources to independently navigate the online volunteer database and sign up for opportunities online
- Schedule Explorables and Museum Ambassadors shifts, adjusting shift numbers as required to meet needs; generates and distributes schedules on a bimonthly basis to volunteers and relevant museum staff.
- Monitor volunteer contributions and celebrate the volunteers by hosting quarterly appreciation events; provide logistical support at the appreciation events.
- Establish and maintain ongoing communication with volunteers to answer questions, clarify assignments, and ensure a positive relationship with the Volunteer Services Department and the museum. Serves as an advocate for the volunteer while simultaneously promoting the welfare of the museum; communicates with a variety of volunteers and staff with diverse interests and abilities to ensure a positive museum experience; handles complaints; resolves concerns to the mutual satisfaction of the volunteer and the museum.
- Works with the Manager Volunteer Services to identify research, art-based, and instruction-based projects that will enrich the volunteer experience
- Proactively identifies best practices that will promote and inspire a visitor centered volunteer-friendly culture.
- Bachelors Degree and 3 years of administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with volunteers or related museum experience a plus
- Genuine interest in and commitment to positive volunteer engagement and ongoing professional development
- Good knowledge of general office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Solid computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office; Google platforms
- Excellent written and oral communications skills; strong planning, organizational, and follow-through skills
- Ability to: analyze situations, clarify priorities, recommend and implement appropriate solutions; meet deadlines with a high level of initiative, accuracy, and attention to detail; display good judgment and exercise tact and diplomacy at all times
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage and independently prioritize multiple tasks while ensuring timely, high-quality outcomes
- Ability to: work well with people of all ages and of diverse backgrounds and skills; to effectively and factually communicate information to volunteers and other staff members; to proactively represent the department, the museum, its activities, and programs in a positive manner
- Must be available to work on one weekend day and evenings as needed
How to Apply
This is a regular, part-time (20 hours per week), non-exempt, union position that includes benefits. No phone calls, please.
Please refer to our Application Procedures for instructions when sending your resume and cover letter.
The Exploratorium is committed to a diverse workforce.